Mastering Studio Stolen - Missing gear list

Dear friends and colleagues,

it’s with great sadness that I have to inform you my studio has been burgled, here in Los Angeles, and cleaned out. The gear was still in boxes and hadn’t yet been set up. Almost all of it is still set to 220v (I moved to the US recently, all 110v here), some of the pieces need to be modded to work here and won’t as they are currently configured. I’m dealing with insurance now, but it’s unclear whether my policy will cover it at all, but that’s another discussion.

It means that our mission of providing quality audio for music, film and television, and bringing up and mentoring a new generation of female audio engineers will not be able to continue at the present time. At least not until we figure out if and what was covered and what options we have moving forward.

The studio represented over 15 years of hard work and investment, and we had some very unique pieces of gear that might prove difficult to sell, or are at least unusual enough to be easy to spot.

I would be very grateful if you could be on the lookout for the gear that was stolen, and let me know if you see anything so that I can pass the info along to the police.

Unfortunately, I didn’t write down the serial number of every single item, and realize that it’s nearly impossible to identify some items without it. I’ll include them anyway as many of the items aren’t very common, and have contacted all my vendors to secure as much info (including s/n) as possible.

I still need to sort through the mess the thieves left, and may end up adding more items to the list as I finish up the inventory for insurance and the police. This is what I know is missing at present.

Monitoring:
5 Magnepan 3.6QR in off-white with cherry trim - packed in 3 boxes (s/n: 713xx)
5 Hexateq custom Hypex reference monoblocks (black cubes about 20cm/8" to a side) (s/n: n/a) with my logo on the cases
2 Pelonis 4288 speakers with 19" rack mount amplifier (s/n: )
JL Audio Fathom f112 subwoofer (s/n: C00xxxxx)

2 pair of speaker stands

bel canto eVo 200.4 4 channel amplifier (s/n: )

Stereo set of Dorrough 40-C2 loudness meters (20dB headroom model) in 2U rack

I/O control:
Crookwood iMon custom 5.1 surround console in oak desktop frame
3 Crookwood matrix racks, one brain, two workers

Processing:
Weiss DS1-MK3 (s/n: 14xx)
SPL PQ EQ black faceplate (s/n: 16.1540.xxxxx)
Manley Vari-Mu, black with gold faceplate, red knobs and red VU lights (s/n: MSLC6 xxx), this should be pretty easy to spot, it’s the only one like it. It was Fletcher’s personal unit before I bought it.
API 2500 (s/n: )
Millenia NSEQ-2 with Fred Forssell mods (s/n: )
Crane Song STC-8/M (s/n: L682xxx)
Crane Song HEDD-192 (s/n: H683xxx)
Speck ASC (s/n: A00xxx)

Playback:
Graham Slee Reflex Era Gold (RIAA stage)
Bang & Olufsen Beocord 9000 cassette player

DBX 160X (s/n: 91150xxx)
Dolby 363 SR/A with 2 I/O cards (s/n: )

Recording:
Grace Spacebar for Auro-3D 9.1 surround in custom bag my mother made for it with the studio name embroidered across it. Thanks, mom.

Cabling. Mytek 8 channel DB25 - XLR snakes (purple cable jacket, 3 pieces) & Avid DB25 - XLR snakes (one blue, one

Computer:
MacPro tower 5,1 3.46GHz Xeon 12 core, 48GB RAM, AMD R9 Fury (s/n: CK91607xxxx)
MacPro has 3 RAID 1TB drives and 1TB SSD boot drive

Dell 23" monitor U2312HMt (s/n: )

MacMini (s/n: C07HX2JAxxxx)
MacMini (s/n: C07LV0PTxxxx)

EUPHONIX MC MIX
Avid Artist MC MIX
Avid Artist Mc Control

More as I sort through and see what’s left. I have photos of pretty much everything and can add those if needed.

EDIT - found a few boxes that hadn’t been emptied, my mics, record player, CD/Universal player and Stellavox are safe. Still missing a bunch of stuff though, primarily outboard, speakers and amps.

I will try and run sessions out of colleagues’ rooms in the meantime.

If anyone has any experience or advice in dealing with US insurance companies, please PM me.